Thank you for accepting the change in your current terms and conditions of employment that now allows us to furlough you now, or later. Your decision enables access to the Government-backed Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. The key points are:
- You will remain employed while furloughed.
- You will be kept on our payroll to qualify for this scheme and you will continue to accrue length of service and holiday.
- You should not undertake any work for us while you are furloughed.
- We will consider requests to undertake other work but this must not interfere with the requirement to call you back in to work when required.
- You may undertake volunteer work.
- We can claim a grant of up to 80% of your wage for all employment costs, up to a cap of £2,500 per month.
- As a result of these changes, you may be eligible for support through the welfare system, including Universal Credit. Please refer to Gov.UK to see if you are eligible.
- You will be furloughed for a minimum of 3 weeks at a time and we may rotate this with your colleagues.
- The Government intends the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme to run for at least 3 months from 1 March 2020, but will extend if necessary. We will keep you informed.